[Mesorah] Tekiaseinu

Akiva Miller akivagmiller at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 10:33:16 PDT 2019

Thank you all for your wonderful responses. I am totally fascinated by how
very the flexible Hebrew language is in these regards. The same word can be
noun or verb, and it is often difficult to tell the difference. Not only in
this form (tekia, achila, ketiva, etc) but in others too (tokea, ochel,
kotev, etc).

I hope to write more tonight, but right now I only have time for this:

RSM seems to say that all three English translators that i quoted got it
wrong. Not "the sound of our blasts", but "the sound of our blowing." I'm
convinced.

RIJ: Teka' is fairly common in other contexts too: teka and sheka are plug
and socket. They differ only in their first letter. Gotta look for
something in RSRH on that.

Kol tuv for now,
Akiva Miller