[Mesorah] FW: cholov shechalovoi goy

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 20:53:37 PDT 2007

On 9/16/07, Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 09:41:15PM +0000, Elazar M. Teitz wrote:
> : I believe this topic has been discussed before. How does RYK account for
> : the use of "tallis gadol," which appears together with, and in contrast
> : to, "tallis katan" in the M'chaber (OC 8:13)?
>
> The appendix to my siddur doesn't say. ("My siddur" as in the one I own;
> not discussing "Ashirah Lashem".)
>
> But I fail to see the problem. A tallis qatan is a youth-size tallis. A
> tallis gadol (when kosher, and not a scarf) is usually adult-sized.
>
> GCT!
> -mi
>
> --
> Micha Berger

I concur with Micha's point. Baruch Shkivanti becasue i have been advocating
this peshat in Tallis Katan for years, i.e. a Tallis OF a Katan.

However, an Israelit friend of mine pointed out that "Tallis"  may indeed be
masculine.   His Proof?  The plural is  Talisos  [Talitot] and NOT Taliyot
which would correspond to  Ta'anis and Taa'niyos.  Therefore, his claim is
that this  is indeed a masculine term ending in Sof [to] jsut like "Bayis".

--
Kesiva vaChasima Tova
Best Wishes for 5768,