[Mesorah] FW: cholov shechalovoi goy

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Sep 16 17:34:21 PDT 2007

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 09:41:15PM +0000, Elazar M. Teitz wrote:
: I believe this topic has been discussed before. How does RYK account for
: the use of "tallis gadol," which appears together with, and in contrast
: to, "tallis katan" in the M'chaber (OC 8:13)?

The appendix to my siddur doesn't say. ("My siddur" as in the one I own;
not discussing "Ashirah Lashem".)

But I fail to see the problem. A tallis qatan is a youth-size tallis. A
tallis gadol (when kosher, and not a scarf) is usually adult-sized.

GCT!
-mi

--
Micha Berger             In the days of our sages, man didn't sin unless
micha at aishdas.org        he was overcome with a spirit of foolishness.