[Mesorah] וישב ל"ח י"ב הוא

rabbirichwolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 18:35:57 PST 2023

the publisher would be first in line to tell you that this seifer is not entirely based on Heidenheim>>Absolutely trueBUTIn my experience he is usually close to  RWHThis specific deviation was a bit of a surprise to meThere are other cases where RWH might be more controversial.  But afaict not this oneFWIW, I  did confim this morning with 1 of my Roedelheim Humashim that RWH Has a revia.RRW
-------- Original message --------From: Michael Poppers <michaelpoppers at gmail.com> Date: 12/9/23  19:53  (GMT-05:00) To: rabbirichwolpoe <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com> Cc: mesorah at aishdas.org Subject: Re: [Mesorah] וישב ל"ח י"ב הוא > BUTI have a Tanach supposedly based on RWH with a Zakeff katanPlz see attachments <RRW, thanks! but the title page says (transliteration may be inaccurate) "mugah al_pi qadmoneinu YHVY vRVVH," which (regardless of whom "YHVY" is) means to me that the publisher would be first in line to tell you that this seifer is not entirely based on Heidenheim.  I don't have access to a "Toras Moshe" (e.g. see https://www.genazym.com/auction/603-genazym-5-prime/lot-151-3/) or "M'or Einayim" (e.g. see https://www.kestenbaum.net/auction/lot/Auction-95/095-112/) -- I tried looking for those and other titles at HebrewBooks -- and while I did find "Moda laBinah" (e.g. see https://www.christies.com/en/lot/lot-352710) at HebrewBooks, I didn't see anything of relevance (because only the commentary, not the Chumash text, is printed -- e.g. see https://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=15308&st=&pgnum=31).  Hence, at the moment I can only reiterate that my Heidenheim-print Chumash has a r'vi'a -- it's a Goldschmidt reprint of a Roedelheim print, so I trust it represents Heidenheim's view more than the seifer you noted.  Thanks.On Fri, Dec 8, 2023 at 3:22 PM rabbirichwolpoe <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com> wrote:TY Reb MichaelAFAICT RWH Has a reviaBUTI have a Tanach supposedly based on RWH with a Zakeff katanPlz see attachments RRW