[Mesorah] וישב ל"ח י"ב הוא

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 16:53:21 PST 2023

> BUT
I have a Tanach supposedly based on RWH with a Zakeff katan
Plz see attachments <
RRW, thanks! but the title page says (transliteration may be inaccurate)
"mugah al_pi qadmoneinu YHVY vRVVH," which (regardless of whom "YHVY" is)
means to me that the publisher would be first in line to tell you that this
*seifer* is not entirely based on Heidenheim.  I don't have access to a
"Toras Moshe" (e.g. see
https://www.genazym.com/auction/603-genazym-5-prime/lot-151-3/) or "M'or
Einayim" (e.g. see
https://www.kestenbaum.net/auction/lot/Auction-95/095-112/) -- I tried
looking for those and other titles at HebrewBooks -- and while I did find "Moda
laBinah" (e.g. see https://www.christies.com/en/lot/lot-352710) at
HebrewBooks, I didn't see anything of relevance (because only the
commentary, not the Chumash text, is printed -- e.g. see
https://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=15308&st=&pgnum=31).  Hence, at
the moment I can only reiterate that my Heidenheim-print Chumash has a
*r'vi'a* -- it's a Goldschmidt reprint of a Roedelheim print, so I trust it
represents Heidenheim's view more than the *seifer* you noted.  Thanks.