[Mesorah] amecha - amcha

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 12:35:56 PDT 2019

Good Q, RSS.  Two points, not mutually exclusive:
(1) Even if a the one&only B-level *mafsiq*
<https://sites.google.com/site/torahreading/mafsiqim> in a *pasuq* (or its
1st or 2nd half, if there's an *esnachta*) is a *zaqeif*, I'm not sure
we'll always see a "am'cha"=>"amecha" type of change; but in this *pasuq*,
there is only one such *mafsiq* in the 1st half and more than one such
*mafsiq* in the 2nd half (and I imagine the chances of such a change go way
down when there's more than one *zaqeif*).
(2) Even though "v'am'cha" is the end of the first major phrase in the 2nd
half of the *pasuq* (just as "v'amecha" is the end of the first major
phrase in the 1st half of the *pasuq*), the *p'shat* of that 2nd half
includes "mikol-ha'am..." to the extent that "v'am'cha" doesn't change.

Chag Sameach/Gut Yuntef!
and all the best from
*Michael Poppers* * Elizabeth, NJ, USA