[Mesorah] How widespread is ignorance of Hebrew?

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 11:43:11 PDT 2019

Thanks, RRW.  Since you mentioned it onlist, I'll note that I agreed
offlist with RSM that "[o]f course...you're correct re 'layla'; but note
what RNW quoted *b'sheim haGRA* here
<https://www.aish.com/tp/i/m/48936372.html> (stanza "THE ANOMALY OF THE
FEMALE FORCE")..."; *pace* RSM's offlist responsa, I'm wondering if either
GRA or an admirer was evoking a feminine layer of meaning within
*ah*/*os*-ending
masculine-gender nouns.