[Mesorah] a kleinigkeit

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 20:04:02 PST 2018

Thanks, R'Simon!  I think MM (esp. in their rule#6) is trying to say that
they placed a comma after "vayom'ru" because it was graced with the first
half's first significant *mafsiq* -- essentially, their punctuation marks
(e.g. commas) are not meant for *pisuq t'amim* as much as for merely
marking [the presence of certain] *mafsiqim* in the edition of their
Web-based TaNaCH that doesn't have cantillation marks.