[Mesorah] All that glitters may not be...

Akiva Miller via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jun 18 16:20:57 PDT 2017

Sure, they *could* bring the gold to the mikva, but that doesn't answer the
question of if they *have* to.

OTOH, I wonder if it is even possible for the raw gold to be tamei. It
isn't a keli yet! How can it possibly be tamei?

I suppose there could still be a requirement to use non-tamei gold in a
case where they used a piece of gold that *was* a keli. In other words, if
they had a proper-size chair that was made of 100% gold but was tamei,
*that* would have to be toveled before it could be hammered into the
Menorah.

Akiva Miller