[Mesorah] mis-accentuation

Sholom Simon sholom at aishdas.org
Thu Dec 21 05:55:23 PST 2017

I wonder if Sulzer actually wrote the part to which you are
referring.  Note that the part that _does_ fit well is in 3/4
time.  The part that doesn't fit is in 4/4 time and has a completely
different feel/mood.  We he write a song that switches from "regal"
to "bouncy" like that?  I can't but wonder:  was that an add-on by
somebody else?

My memories of learning about Sulzer are vague, and coming back to me
very slowly.  I just remembered another one he wrote that so many R,
C, and O congregations use:  Vayehi Bin'soa.  Accents fit on that one, too, no?