[Mesorah] mishneh-kesef

Sholom Simon sholom at aishdas.org
Wed Dec 20 12:50:30 PST 2017

Hmm . . . I vaguely remember this.  It has
something to do with a secondary stress making
the syllable that follows it a closed syllable --
I think.  (I learned this from R Seth 6-1/2 years ago)

I see that the 'mem' in "umishna" has a ge'aya
(nowadays called a maseg?).  So, perhaps that
makes the following syllable closed, and
therefore, a kaf, because it follows a closed syllable should have a dagesh?

(Any errors are, of course, mine!)

R Seth, am I close?

-- Sholom