[Mesorah] mishneh-kesef

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Wed Dec 20 13:04:54 PST 2017

My esteemed friend R. Dubin,

We are in a time when I rejoice if I hear someone who knows in reading the Torah where BGa'D K'PaT have a dagesh and when they are rafe.  And you want to know rules pertaining to a dagesh hazaq vs. qal?!

Did not Chazal say about this "אין דורשין בבמוסרה בשלושה ולא בסתרי דגש וגיעיה בשניים" (my apologies to the Mishna in Hagiga)?

If you were not my friend, I would ignore this.  As it is, I will delay a response for a while.  For the matter is cloaked in mist, no matter how I tried to simplify it when discussing it in a class with Sholom.  And for people who want clear answers, 'twould be better to cease looking.

Seth Mandel