[Mesorah] Oleh veYoreid

Dov Bloom via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Oct 10 08:52:37 PDT 2016

Thilim 27:14 the oleh veyored is on the third word,  not as R Micha
indicated.
Pshat: hope for yeshua from hashem;( ov'y,  major disjunct)
[if you are not answered as you hoped, do not lose hope but ] strengthen
your heart,  and continue to hope for yeshua [through tfila and tshuva].
This is an essential message for these days before YK.
See rada'k and metzudot IIRC

Thilim 27:4 the ov'y is on "avakeish"  a very logical division,  it is not
where RMB indicated.

Thilim 89:9 the ov'y is on the word haaretz,  which also has the pausal
form with a kamatz, [aretz not eretz].  Again,  a logical position for the
major mafsiq (disjunctive accent)

Gmar hatima tova to the whole wonderful habura of Mesorah.
Dov Bloom