[Mesorah] vayichadd

Yaakov Gorlin via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jan 24 15:15:59 PST 2016

What about the sh'wa in the bet/daled?  I've always assumed they were nach and exceptions to the rules of (a) two sh'wa in a row, first is nach second is na and (b) anything with a dagesh and a sh'wa also being sh'wa na. Is that correct

While on that subject, what about the two sh'was in Rus 2:19 in Likatt (lamed, kuf, tes, tof).  Are they also two sh'wa nachs?  And if so, how can that be done with the tes and a tof?  I cannot help but make the first one (the tes) a sh'wa na.

Yaakov Gorlin