[Mesorah] tarum bishu'asecha ki lishu'as'cha.

Michael Poppers via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Feb 22 17:41:11 PST 2016

The *sh'va* changes to a *segol* at a relatively-major stop.

One of my favorite examples (a fav because it's a bit controversial :)): at
the end of nighttime Qiddush, do you say "[v'shabbas/umo'adei] qadsh'cha"
or "qadshecha"?  Whatever you answered, now consider whether on Rosh
haShanah you say "udvar'cha [emes]" or "udvarecha"...and when it's
also *motzoei
Shabbos*, is the last word (before BAH') "biqdushas'cha" or
"biqdushasecha"?  (For *nusach-Ashk'naz* answers, see here
<http://opensiddur.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Tefiloh-Sefas-Yisroel-5-Seder-Leil-Shabbat-and-Yom-Tov.pdf>
.)

All the best from
*Michael Poppers* * Elizabeth, NJ, USA