[Mesorah] Fwd: Rashi

Zev Sero via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Nov 1 16:57:46 PST 2015

On 11/01/2015 07:37 PM, Sholom Simon via Mesorah wrote:
> It is worthy to note that the comment in parentheses explains that
> the vowels on the word במספר (Bamispar) indicate it is דבוק (d'vuk)
> to the word ארבעים (Arba'im).

1. What parens?  Does your chumash have parens around this Rashi?
2. It *doesn't* say "bamispor", it says "bemispor", with a sh'vo
under the beis.  That is what Rashi uses to say it's attached to
the first word of the next posuk.
3. He's not just ignoring trop, he's ignoring the end of a posuk;
but he's doing so because that's how Chazal interpreted it, and
he holds that it's not drash, it's pshat.

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week