[Mesorah] shuruq pronounced like chiriq

Allan Engel allan.engel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 12:59:20 PDT 2013

I daven in a shul where they don't allow a sheliach tzibbur whose havara
(sefaradit/Israeli) pronounces shem adnus as though the last syllable is a
patach, because it sounds as though it might refer to multiple deities..

But they have no problem with people whose tzeirei sounds like a patach,
hence Elokiiy Avruhom, Elokiiy Yitzchok etc, surely just as problematic.