[Mesorah] R'tzon Konam vs. Koneihem

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sat Jun 22 20:09:57 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM, D&E-H Bannett <dbnet at zahav.net.il> wrote:

> The Baladi nusach usually follows the Rambam, and the Teimani Tikhlal has
> koneihem with a yud.  The 'Etz Hayyim of Maharitz comments there that this
> is the proper nusach and is davka lashon rabbim because of the chashivut..
> Just as Elohim is lashon rabbim.

I thought the *lashon rabim* of E-lokim was because He Legislates and leads
on multiple levels. The pagans had an El of this place and another for that
place, one for war, one for lightning, etc... We therefore refer to the
Creator as Master and One Who defined the rules for all the forces in life.

*Shetir'u Batov*!

Micha Berger             You cannot propel yourself forward
micha at aishdas.org        by patting yourself on the back.
http://www.aishdas.org                   -Anonymous
Fax: (270) 514-1507