[Mesorah] R'tzon Konam vs. Koneihem

Richard rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 15:27:16 PDT 2013

Addendum:

See also Eizor Eliyahu P. 142 re: Birkas Halvanah that they davka picked 2 divergent versions - apparently from Siddur Derech See'ach Hassadeh from R Ezriel and R Eliyahu miVilna.

Comment:
While Ashkenaz DOES often balance competing girsa'os, I doubt if the "Konam" found in the TB WRT Birkas L'vanah has anything to do with this.

Comment #2 Afaict the concern of Baer et al was not consistency but concern for the 2 r'shuyyos issue.

This issue has been addressed by poskim, but it also makes sense not to let "amcha" get caught up with this.

Doesn't It seemsodd to reject a valid Torah Concern re: 2 R'shuyyos merely because it was expressed by reputed Baalei Dikduk!   After all Baer also makes many Halachic comments throughout his Siddur.

Caveat: I'm not suggesting that the other side is incorrect either.  It just bothers me to say Koneihem, etc.