[Mesorah] Tizku vs Tizki

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Fri Jun 21 10:22:34 PDT 2013

It would make perfect sense to have come from Turkey in the 19th century, when R. Palagi lived.  Israel was part of the Ottoman Empire, and the S'faradim there were under heavy influence of Turkish Rabbonim.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel
Rabbinic Coordinator
The Orthodox Union
11 Broadway, New York, NY  10004