[Mesorah] Tizku vs Tizki

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 07:58:45 PDT 2013

>From R'Micha:
> Similarly here. The coinage is usually quoted in the plural, "*tizku
lemitzvos*". Does one stick with the coinage, or customize the *diqduq* for
the recipient?
> Personally, I go with the latter, for two reasons:
> 1- My natural tendency not to conform.
> 2- I prefer actions that provoke thought. Someone surprised to hear "*tiskeh/i
lemitzvos*" is likely to pause and register what the words mean. Rather
than just an empty greeting ritual. How seriously does *shamayim* take a *
berakhah* rattled off ritually with no *kavanah* content? <
Not to embarrass anyone, I will rhetorically ask the *k'lal*: do you say
"shkoyach" or the like, or do you wish someone "y'yasheir kochacha" (and
vary the wording depending on the person(s) you're speaking to)?

A gut'n Shabbes/Shabbas Shalom
and all the best from
*Michael Poppers* * Elizabeth, NJ, USA