[Mesorah] Tizku vs Tizki

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jun 21 08:07:56 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:58:45AM -0400, Michael Poppers wrote:
: Not to embarrass anyone, I will rhetorically ask the *k'lal*: do you say
: "shkoyach" or the like, or do you wish someone "y'yasheir kochacha" (and
: vary the wording depending on the person(s) you're speaking to)?

I go with yiyshar veyeyasher kochakha, thereby covering both possible
vowelizations, as both versions are berakhos worth giving.

When someone in shul I think would/might appreciate nitpickiut gives me a
"shkoiach", I thank them for the berakhah that I forget life's hard times.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             I have great faith in optimism as a philosophy,
micha at aishdas.org        if only because it offers us the opportunity of
http://www.aishdas.org   self-fulfilling prophecy.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                              - Arthur C. Clarke