[Mesorah] S. Baer on Shelo Assani Nochri

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 06:19:10 PDT 2012

It seems clear from most sources I know that "GOY" is indeed the oldest version

And frankly, I would not have recommended a change myself

And then the issue becomes - after the change was made is it a good one or not?

In this case, it was NOT nispasheit widely.  But nispasheit it was to an extent

Also Question 2 was - is there a Halachic precedent to change the Nusach of a b'rachah so as to avoid ambiguity?   And I've seen o takers so far

More later BE"H
Shalom and Regards, RRW