[Mesorah] New Shtick

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:06:48 PST 2012

 I see that R. Hofmeister specifically relates to it in his siddur.  He has a note that the Maftir should stand in the middle of the bima and not at the side, even if by doing so he has his back to the Sefer Torah.   So it seems that KAJ is keeping to the old Minhag Ashkenaz in this respect.

Danny Levy»

Precisely

I also read on the internet that the current melody for leining at Breuer's is virtually identical to the melody on mss. from 400/500 years ago. I found that impressive

Shalom and Regards, RRW