[Mesorah] New Shtick

Danny Levy danestlev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 10:44:19 PST 2012

Getting back to the question that started this thread, I see that R.
Hofmeister specifically relates to it in his siddur.  He has a note that
the Maftir should stand in the middle of the bima and not at the side, even
if by doing so he has his back to the Sefer Torah.   So it seems that KAJ
is keeping to the old Minhag Ashkenaz in this respect.

Danny Levy