[Mesorah] New Shtick

Elazar M. Teitz remt at juno.com
Sun Feb 26 10:28:31 PST 2012

     And when Nusach Ashk'naz made its debut, was it not a change from whatever its practitioners had used before? Why does that moment of its creation become the point at which further change is considered a defilement of minhag avoseinu?

     Is there not a nusach Ashk'naz for kabbolas Shabbos?  Certainly it is not part of the "pristine" nusach Ashk'naz of the Rishonim.

EMT