[Mesorah] New Shtick

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Sun Feb 26 10:43:14 PST 2012

R' Rich Wolpoe wrote:

> How does the term "pristine" differ FROM the term *original*?
> Addition: Isn't putting a term in quotes meant to mitigate any
> emotional charge?

Yes, you're right. My intention was to highlight how OTHERS could (wittingly or not) put some emotion into the issue.

There certainly does seem to be an effort in some quarters to restore the nusach of some particular time. The historical research is commendable, IMHO, but the desire to abandon all changes since some arbitrary point confuses me.

Akiva Miller