[Mesorah] She'ata / Sha'ata

Simon Montagu simon.montagu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 12:41:36 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM, SBA <sba at sba2.com> wrote:

> Some years ago I found out that despite there not being any shemos Hashem in
> Megilas Ester, RY Emden and the Komarner in his Chumash have a version of
> the megilla where they highlight the various sheimos - in roshei and sofei
> teivos, eg 'yavo hamelech vehaman hayom' 'ze einenu shaveh li',

Meinyan leinyan be'oto inyan: I remember many years ago finding a
perush on the significance of these shemot in different directions in
r"t and s"t in Megillat Esther. My memory is that it was in one of the
hiddushim in the back of Bava Batra in the Vilna Shas, but I haven't
been able to find it again. Can anyone point me to the place?