[Mesorah] She'ata / Sha'ata

SBA sba at sba2.com
Tue Feb 21 05:42:21 PST 2012

Some TC in Bnei Brak (IIRC, named Kraus) published an entire sefer on the
geshem/goshem affair.
Again, IIRC, he shows clearly that geshem is correct

Here's a few links to others talking about such matters

http://matzav.com/geshem-or-gashem

http://parsha.blogspot.com.au/2003/10/pseudo-pausal.html

and  a longer shmooz here (with some names you may recognise)

http://tinyurl.com/75r5l9z or

http://groups.google.com/group/davening-discussions/browse_thread/thread/44c
339863c02571a/aa95f9bb119e992a%3Fq%3D%2522%2BGoshem%2522%23aa95f9bb119e992a&
ei=iGwTS6eaOpW8Qpmqic0O&sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&source=groups&usg=AFQjCNGjizj26zTII
0OS4KkhHlhnEz6GZw?pli=1

http://ohr.edu/4903

Then I remembered to look up one of my favourites present day mechabrin -
"Minhag Yisroel Torah" [vol 1 p. 209 siman 114]
He has about 2 pages on this. Basically he agrees with the Reb Seth and
brings many rayos etc.

I can scan and send if requested.

On another matter. (I think I mentioned this once on Areivem)

Some years ago I found out that despite there not being any shemos Hashem in
Megilas Ester, RY Emden and the Komarner in his Chumash have a version of
the megilla where they highlight the various sheimos - in roshei and sofei
teivos, eg 'yavo hamelech vehaman hayom' 'ze einenu shaveh li',

Some years ago we were visiting Hobart - capital of the Australian island
state of Tasmania - which (despite hardly having any Jews) has the oldest
Shul in the country.

In the aron hakodesh I found an old megilas Ester and when opening it I saw
that it actually had all these roshei and sofei teivos enlarged. (I have a
photo of a couple of pages)

Anyone here know more about this topic?