[Mesorah] [somewhat off-topic] ir Tziyon t'male

Ben Kandel bkandel at yu.edu
Mon Nov 14 05:58:29 PST 2011

I have a more basic question:  Why should we think that it's important for
the author of the zemirah to have the two verbs in the same binyan,
especially if it changes the meaning of the word?  The word "timale/t'male"
is supposed to rhyme with na-aleh in the next line (I assume), so why
should we think that its form would be influenced by the word "yibaneh"?

Kol tuv

Ben