[Mesorah] Mishtaleiach

D&E-H Bannett dbnet at zahav.net.il
Wed Jan 27 06:25:40 PST 2010

R' MP: Hazakein??  The only one who can call me that is the
other DB.  An MP is in a different category.

I have no Roedelheimer Tefilla, as the Yekkes call it,
except for in the back of my 1817 Roedelheim "me'iti"chumash
and 1850 or so "me'et" machzor where I am quite certain that
it was ha-shelucha.  I am horrified to discover that some
Yekke who re-printed the heiligge Roedelheim editions had
the nerve to change a word!  Would Basel do that? Don't I
remember a reprint that had, in English on the title page
"As good as any printed in ROEDELHEIM".  Horrors!

I suspect that the place to look for R' Seligmann's comments
is in Ata Yatzarta in Shabbat rosh chodesh.  I arrived at
that conclusion by looking in Siddur Eizor Eliyahu which
happens to be handy near the computer. I looked in yom-tov
mussaf and was referred to Shabbat rosh chodesh.  So maybe
the same applies to Siddur Avodat Yisrael.

My big heavy, hard to lift, siddur Avodat Yisrael is in
another room.  Is my not going for it perhaps a sign that
you were right in your "Hazakein" title?

David