[Mesorah] Mishtaleiach

Michael Poppers MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Wed Jan 27 05:43:20 PST 2010

Thanks, RDB (haZaqein :))!

> shenishtalcha (not ha-nish...) <
Yes, my error.  FTR, I was going to send a "P.S." to the list today re it
as well as Baer's thoughts.

> R' Wolf Heidenheim accepted many of these changes and the
Roedelheim editions have ha-shlucha. <
Actually, all of my Roedelheim prints (admittedly, 20th-cent. CE reprints)
have "shenishtalchah," as I mentioned yesterday evening.

> R'Seligmann Baer in
his Siddur Avodat Israel recorrected back to she-nishtalcha and explains
the error in RY"S's logic (shlucha is present, nishtalcha is past).  In his
comms he also mentions se'ir
ha-mishtaleach of the present thread as well as words like
nitrahaknu, nishtanah etc. <
The only comment I saw from him (made re the Musaf liRgalim nusach) was
that "shenishtalchah" was the proper form, the form in all kisvei v'sifrei
yashan, and l'ayein his comment on "nitztavu" (Musaf l'Shabbas), where he
speaks of the nispaeil form.  Could you point me to where he quotes and
disputes "hash'luchah"?  Thanks.

All the best from
--Michael Poppers via RIM pager