[Mesorah] Mishtaleiach

D&E-H Bannett dbnet at zahav.net.il
Fri Jan 29 05:22:02 PST 2010

Re: Roedelheim siddurim with she-nishtalcha instead of
Heidenheim approved ha-sh'lucha.

I am still amazed that Heidenheim, a Yekke, would allow such
a thing.  Pls check if these siddurim to see if they are
"me'iti" or "me'et", that is if they were printed in
Heidenheim's life time are afterwards. (He died in 1832.)

It might also be that the Roedelheim press printed siddurim
that were in nussach Poland or other where the printer was
catering to a different market that wouldn't appreciate the
"corrections" accepted by Heidenheim.

Siddurim that I saw in Frankfurt-am-Hudson in the '40's were
all shluchas.

David