[Mesorah] morid ha-geshem

Gershon Dubin gershon.dubin at juno.com
Wed Sep 17 06:12:37 PDT 2008

Rav Yaakov Kamenecki in Emes LeYaakov on Chumash. Gets us closer, but sorry no mar'eh makom.

Gershon
gershon.dubin at juno.com

-- "David Cohen" <ddcohen at gmail.com> wrote:
SBA <areivim at sba2.com> wrote:
Why does one have a pause and the other not? The explanation I remember hearing years ago (I can't remember where) is that because techiyas hameisim will be done with dew, "morid ha-tol" is completing the thought before it ("mechayeih meisim attah rav lehoshia"), whereas "morid ha-geshem" is connected only to the list of gevuros that follows it. I'm not saying that I would necessarily be quick to accept that this explanation should dictate how we vowelize the words; I'm just "saying over" what I heard. --D.C.