[Mesorah] nasog achor

Michael Poppers MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Mon Oct 13 10:15:55 PDT 2008

Two points:
-1- There are *many* exceptional examples to the "nasog achor" guidelines.  As RDLevy stated in the past (not sure if he did so on this forum), we can only explain why nasog achor occurs when it occurs, not why it doesn't occur when it doesn't occur.
-2- As RZS noted on another forum, "haVU" is a different type of word from "HAvah" (e.g. "havah nischak'mah lo") -- _perhaps_, nasog achor didn't occur in "havu godel" to ensure no confusion with "HAvah."

Chag Sameach/A guten Yuntef and all the best from
-- Michael Poppers via RIM pager