[Mesorah] nasog achor

Noah Witty nwitty at optonline.net
Mon Oct 13 10:07:48 PDT 2008

Following an earlier discussion in which I stated that some words that
should be mi-le-ra move back to being me-le-ayl because the *next* word
is me-le-ayl and you can't have two consecutive stresses, I saw that in
Parshas Ha-azinu, v.3, we have "ha-VU GO-del," which clearly opposes my
suggestion.  The trop connects the two words so there is no "natural"
division of the phrase.

Any suggestions?

Noach Witty