[Mesorah] Ba'omer vs la'omer.

SBA areivim at sba2.com
Tue May 6 06:32:25 PDT 2008

From: Micha Berger [mailto:micha at aishdas.org]
SBA wrote:

: Micha Berger:  Ba'omer vs la'omer.
:> I only know of one translation for "la-" - "to the".

: What about: "bashono hashenis Letzeisom me'Eretz Mitzrayim"?
====

All you are doing is upping the ante by pointing out that peshat in the
pasuq depends on klerring de zelber shaileh (answering the same question).

Pardon my involvement in this, I probably qualify as the person who knows
the least about dikduk matters on this list, but Baruch Shekivanti to the
words of the Shaarei Teshuva (SA OC 489 sk 8):

"....umotzinu belashon hamikra 'bashana hashenis letzeisom', ukehay gavna
ickeh tuva ad ki chadal lispor.
Vegam beloshon bnei adam nofel yoser la'omer belamed, vechen nohagu
bamedinoseinu vehu al pi haArizal..."

SBA