[Mesorah] Ba'omer vs la'omer.

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue May 6 05:29:41 PDT 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 01:47:45PM +1000, SBA wrote:
: Micha Berger:
:>  Ba'omer vs la'omer.
:> I only know of one translation for "la-" -- "to the".

: What about: "bashono hashenis Letzeisom me'Eretz Mitzrayim"?

All you are doing is upping the ante by pointing out that peshat in the
pasuq depends on klerring de zelber shaileh (answering the same question).

Or perhaps it's saying that Yetzi'as Mitzrayim wasn't the first Pesach,
but all 40 years. As in the megillah: "bishnas shalosh *le*malkho, asah
mishteh..." I was arguing that even according to this nusach we aren't
claiming that we're counting days since the qorban omer, but declaring
the day's contribution *toward* sefiras ha'omer. So, the megillah's case
it more definitely similar.

micha at aishdas.org        2 weeks and 2 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Netzach sheb'Tifferes: What type of discipline
Fax: (270) 514-1507                             does harmony promote?