[Mesorah] kodashim

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Fri Feb 22 09:07:28 PST 2008

R' Mike Stein wrote:
> I appreciate your taking the time to write about this topic.
> I, for one, would be interested in understanding the evidence
> for some of your statements ... Can you suggest additonal
> reading, especially scholarly articles on these topics?

Speaking only for myself, prior to joining Avodah and Mesorah, I had no idea that all this was so complicated. The vast majority of posts on these topics go far over my head, but I have gained a real and deep appreciation for the rich and varied development of both the speaking and writing of Lashon Hakoshesh over the many lands and centuries that we've passed through.

I cannot vouch for it's accuracy, but if anyone would like a taste of these topics from a scholarly perspective, Wikipedia has a lot of articles. I'd suggest starting at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberian_Hebrew and branching from there to the many linked articles.

Akiva Miller