[Mesorah] Lashon Tanach vs. Lashon Hazal

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Sep 19 15:19:59 PDT 2007

Micha Berger wrote:

> How does someone get a major change to the sound of the siddur to get
> accepted? Doesn't nostalgia kick in an cause serious opposition? How
> could this be right? I lived in four towns, and in all of them we said
> "kadsheinu bemitzvosakh, vesein khelkeinu besorasakh, sabe'einu
> mituvakh"?

Actually, it was always "bemitzvosecha", because there's more than
one of them.  Nusach Sefarad (as opposed to "Sfard") says "kadsheinu
bemitzvothecha, vethein khelkeinu bethorathakh, sabe'einu mituvakh".
So does Nusach Italia (which contines "samcheinu" without a vav in
front of it).

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.