[Mesorah] FW: Re: Lashon Tanach vs. Lashon Hazal

Zvi Lampel hlampel at thejnet.com
Thu Sep 20 18:39:28 PDT 2007

I wrote:  "R' Birnbaum in his introduction cites R' Yaakov Emden as his
source for declaring the phrase ["Elokeni
vElokei avotenu" on a weekday festival] a printer's error. ... But when I stood at the Amud in my yeshiva and omitted the phrase, my Rosh Yeshiva corrected me.

I was corrected off-list. I had it backwards. Rav Emden advocated including, not omitting, the phrase in the weekday Yom Tov davening, leaving only "retsay b'menuchaseinu" in parentheses.

Zvi Lampel
Zvi Lampel