[Mesorah] several recent issues

Minden phminden at arcor.de
Mon Sep 17 03:15:26 PDT 2007

I'd like to kindly ask posters to please think twice before you judge a le(a)rned, documented and reasonable opinion to be "nonsense", even if you think it isn't correct. (Lately, chances were it was correct after all.)

(In general, I'll never stop being amazed how educated people who are used to apply "modern, Western" critical judgment to most issues have the most outlandish ideas about language and languages. A lot of it has to do with a lack of interest and with purist ideas, in the case of Yiddish and Hebrew spiced with inferiority complexes. Also, common knowledge simply didn't keep up with the scholarly knowledge of the last 100 years, even though it's not nuclear physics or temporal logic.)

LPhM
http://lipmans.blogspot.com