[Mesorah] Fwd: Hamotzi lechem min ha'adama???

yzkd at aol.com yzkd at aol.com
Sun Dec 3 09:33:45 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: yzkd at aol.com
To: br at ettyketty.ch
Sent: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Mesorah] Hamotzi lechem min ha'adama???

This question was just recently discussed on Avodah I posted a faxwho brings those (Tosphos Brochos 38b, Avudraham etc.) who answer that it is based on the Possuk in Tehilim 104:14 (as also posted by RAM) as well as those (Bach Orach Chayim 167etc.) who answer that it is based on Eretz Yisroel (as also posted by RGD).
Perhaps one can add on to the answer of the Bach that Pri HaAdama include even such foods that are not from the seven species which Eretz Yisroel is praised, whereas Lechem comes (generally) from those species.

Kol Tuv,
Yitzchok Zirkind