[Avodah] Can One Take In Shavuot Early?

Akiva Miller akivagmiller at gmail.com
Wed May 12 04:50:42 PDT 2021

.
R' Yitzchok Levine cited an article by Rabbi Yaakov Hoffman:

> ... It is astonishing, then, that this practice is so
> entrenched, especially since it has no basis in Chazal
> or the Rishonim. According to strict Talmudic law, ...

This is not the first time I've seen this sentiment. Why do I see a disdain
for the Acharonim so often?

There are many practices that are not discussed in the Gemara and Rishonim,
and did not surface until the days of the Acharonim, just as there are many
practices that are not discussed in the Gemara and did not surface until
the days of the Rishonim. Why do some people have the attitude that there
is a cutoff point beyond which halacha can no longer develop?

Akiva Miller