[Avodah] May I purchase chametz after Pesach from any non-Jewish owned store?

Rich, Joel JRich at Segalco.com
Mon Apr 5 23:26:14 PDT 2021

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 6, 2021, at 9:07 AM, Zev Sero via Avodah <avodah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:
>
> CAUTION: External Sender
>
>> Therefore, when determining where to shop after Pesach, it is not
>> sufficient to establish that the owners of a store are not Jewish; one
>> must also investigate who supplies /chametz/ to the store as well.
>
> Why must one do so?  Where does such an obligation come from?  Having
> determined that the seller is not Jewish, what is the basis for
> requiring one to ask any further questions?   Im kein ein ladavar sof.
>
>> ///::::
I would suspect that you might be correct but the circumstances today or such that it is well known in the United States that there are large Jewish owned distributors and so it’s like raglayim ladavar
Kt
Joel rich THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.