[Avodah] Can Egg Matzah Be Used for Lechem Mishna?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Mar 30 18:49:03 PDT 2021

On 30/3/21 4:44 pm, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:

> I don't understand. Is there a machlokes about the definition of matzah
> ashira? If I have egg matzah that was made with *apple* juice, is it
> matza ashira only according to *some* opinions?

According to the Rambam, 6:5, Matza is only defined as Ashira if it's
made with wine, oil, honey, or milk, but if it's made with Mei Perot
it's still Lechem Oni.
https://www.mechon-mamre.org/i/3506.htm#6

--
Zev Sero            Wishing everyone a *healthy* and happy 5781
zev at sero.name       "May this year and its curses end