[Avodah] Hakhana From Shabbat to Seder

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Mar 23 16:47:46 PDT 2021

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 05:48:22PM +0000, Aryeh Frimer via Avodah wrote:
> There has been a bit of discussion on Avodah regarding Hakhana From
> Shabbat to Seder. After all, Hakhanot for a Devar Mitzva or often
> permitted on Shabbat.

I specifically brought up starting at sheqei'ah instead of waiting for
tzeis because it then involves two factors and there is STRONG consensus
to allow: shevus bein hashemeshos, and lidevar mitzvah.

No new sources since last time. Just pointing out that The answer from
R Eli Gersten of OU's Halacha Yomis doesn't actually help me understand
why we cannot start setting the seder table at sheqi'ah.

Micha Berger                 When we are no longer able to change a situation
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   -- just think of an incurable disease such as
Author: Widen Your Tent      inoperable cancer -- we are challenged to change
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    ourselves.      - Victor Frankl (MSfM)