[Avodah] Reciting Hamotzi at a Simcha

Prof. Levine larry62341 at optonline.net
Sun Mar 7 08:32:58 PST 2021

At 11:15 AM 3/7/2021, Micha Berger wrote:
>You went from having someone choose a delay over making HaMotzi over a
>piece rather than a whole bread to asking why people accept any delay
>at all. My point was that it isn't an either or -- you can have HaMotzi
>on a shaleim at the washing station.

Again,  you have missed my main point,  which is that Hamotzi should
preferably be made sitting not standing. At the washing station you
are standing, At your table you are presumably sitting.  This is an
important difference.

Indeed, Ashkenazim in general make kiddush sitting and Havdalah
sitting which is in accordance with a Tosafos in Brachos,  I
believe.  Sitting denotes a "permanence".  Standing is not the
preferable way to eat.

YL