[Avodah] Change of Shluchei Tzibur during Pezukai D'Zimrah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Jul 27 14:00:57 PDT 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 03:41:45PM +0300, Danny Schoemann via Avodah wrote:
>> This reminds me of a question which would apply to almost every day when
>> we change the Sha'tz before Yishtabach. Isn't Pezukai d'zimrah framed
>> by Boruch She'amar as the beginning bracha and the end of Yishtabach as
>> the closing bracha, and if correct (and I may not be), should not the
>> same Sha'tz conclude what he started?

> I always understood the Shat"z to more of a "concept" than a person.

I called it an office, not the occupent.

But I didn't just reply to suggest a different phrasing of the same
idea. I have a theory why:

I think it's inherent in the idea that the sha"tz is a
*shaliach*. Personal identity is the opposite of the point of the post!

Micha Berger                 Zion will be redeemed through justice,
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   and her returnees, through righteousness.
Author: Widen Your Tent
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF