[Avodah] Questions about mechiyas amalek

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Sep 8 14:02:41 PDT 2017

On 08/09/17 16:06, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> And, apparently, the king and the head general didn't discuss anything
> about the prosecution of the war. Despite the fact that the law is a
> unique mitzvah, and the king was also the av beis din. AND we know Yoav
> was strongly deferential to David.

I don't see why this detail would ever have come up.  Suppose you're a
caterer and I'm your loyal chef, and we're planning a menu which
includes liver.  You tell me that it will be my job to kasher the liver,
and I agree.  You think I know how to do that, and *I* think I know how
to do that, but in fact I haven't got a clue. How would that play out?
At what point would you realise that you have to teach me this halacha?

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all